Wednesday, October 8, 2008





Hello Everyone!
Linda and I (and David) just returned from Nauvoo.
We had a great trip, the weather was perfect with temps in the mid 70's.
It was really awesome to be able to walk the same streets as the Prophet did, and to see the restored homes and shops. The Temple is beautiful!

On Sunday afternoon we drove to Carthage and walked through the jail, it was a very spiritual experience to be in the same room that the Prophet was martyred in. We had a sister missionary walk us through the jail and tell us step by step what the events of that day were. The door entering into the room still has the two bullet holes in it, one through the latch and the second is the bullet that killed Hyrum Smith.
Before the tour we watched a short film on Joseph's life and the sister missionary told us if we would ask in prayer what we expected to gain while there, she promised that our prayers would be answered. What a great promise, the Spirit was very strong there!

We would love to tell you all about it, and show you all of the photo's, when we are together.

On our way to Nauvoo from St. Louis we stayed one night in Hannibal, that is the town that Mark Twain grew up in and his stories are told about. we took a river boat ride on the Mississippi river. That was fun, I had never been to the Mississippi river before.
On the last day we went into St. Louis and took a "tram" to the top of the inside of the Gateway Arch, that was pretty cool, it is the tallest man made monument in the USA-630 feet high. From the top you can look out over St. Louis on one side and the Mississippi on the other.

Take care everyone!

6 comments:

tyson and ashley said...

Well it's about time you updated your blog! =) It sounds like Nauvoo was an awesome trip! We all need to go there someday! It looks so pretty in your pictures! I'm glad you guys made it back home safely and that you had such a great time! I hope Linda is feeling better! Love you guys!

rosie said...

Nauvoo is one place I would love to visit. It would be great to see all the sights and be able to visualize them when Joseph Smith's life is discussed. Glad you had a great time!

Cassie said...

I'm excited to see all of your pictures. Maybe we can all get together Sunday for dinner or something! I hope Linda feels better! Your trip sounded very fun!

Bonnie said...

It IS about time you updated your blog. We all thought you died.

Love to see more pictures!

Ryan and Alisha said...

Dad, if you need more stuff to blog about I think you've been tagged like 4 different times by Bonnie, Rosie, Cass and Ash. You should respond because then everyone can know more about you. It's kind of fun. Did you know Bonnie was investigated by the International police? See, I just learned that since she did a tag. And Rosie loves La Beau's french fries!!!

Cassie said...

And if you ever read our blogs- you'd know you were tagged! =) Seriously- I've been private for a WEEK now and you haven't accepted my invite!! You're missing some pretty cute stuff about your grandkids!!! Oh well, love you guys anyways!